Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year Wicked World!

I hope everyone had a grand weekend. I celebrated with a few friends and a small bon fire. I spent time with the ones I truly care about. I’m still not sure I’m looking forward to this year. DH is deploying sometime this month…EWWWW. It’s not his first nor will it be his last. His deployments are what got me into scrapbooking in the first place. In 2000, he was deployed to Turkey. I had a 5 year old and a 6 month old baby at the time. I worked part time and I was searching for a hobby that would take my mind off lonesomeness and I have been scrapbooking ever since!
Ok, enough rambling….
Today, I am bringing a few cards that was completed over the past year. All three cards feature a digi stamp from bugaboostamps.com. The first card is a “thank you card.” The paper (K and Co) is from my scrap bin. I try to use all my scraps on cards when possible. I used versa mark as the background. I finished the card with yarn and stitched lines.
This next card is using “Marge”. I crocheted the flower (lol…I’m getting better) and completed it with a button.
The last card is “Dottie.” I used paper from The Far East paper pad from DCWV. The embellishments consist of punched flowers with brad centers and a scalloped punched strip.
I’m heavily into the stitching on the cards. I believe it gives it a little something extra in the end! Well, I hope you enjoyed and see you next week with a few layouts I have completed…..stay warm!
P.S.
This is what my desk looks like after holiday cards...lol...ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment